Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Crayons and Scrapbooking

The other day I was sitting at my house one day watching my children use sidewalk chalk on our driveway. I watched the colors they were using and the texture of the chalk against the rough driveway. It was at that moment I had one of those "Ahhh!!" lighbulb moments. (Don't you just LOVE those creative out of the blue moments?) That night I picked up a black piece of cardstock and some watercolor crayons and started to doodle. Just to see how it would look. I just fell in love with the look but wanted something more "polished". So I decided to use my Doodle Genie with my watercolor crayons. Viola!!! It was able to draw "polished" flowers that had a childlike quality about them.

So why not try using crayons on your next layout...you will be amazed at the results!

1 comments:

Kimberly said...

I dig this crayola idea. Super cool!