Thursday, October 12, 2006

Sweet Simple Love

The site Two Scrappy Chicks is having an Amazing Crop Race contest. It is really a lot of fun. The challenge for last week was to alter a photo and then use it in a layout. "Sweet Simple Love" was created for this challenge. In Photoshop, I changed the intensity of the various colors to make it appear black and white yet still bringing out the "Blue" in the photo. Next, I had to find the perfect paper for the photo. Deciding to use My Mind's Eye Blue Bird Bohemia was relatively easy because of the exact match of the blues in the paper to the blues in the photo. Journaling was done on blue vellum and secured with bronze brads. The title was created by using a tag from the Blue Bird collection along with Heidi Swapp She Letters. The letters were sanded and then inked brown to make them appear worn.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I adore that layout...you did such an amazing job with it!!! xoxo

Anonymous said...

This is great, I don't think I got a good look at it, I had to fly through some of those thread so fast, but this is really beautiful Kirstie.