Thursday, January 04, 2007

Using Music Albums as Inspirations for Layouts

My First Tooth Created By Kirstie GoodwinAs many of you know, I am a proud teacher at the School of Scrap. This quarter my class is Music Inspiration. As I parused around the Internet, I found the most fabulous album art that just practical leaped off the screen at me. So I challenged the students at the School of Scrap to use the fabulous album art as inspiration on one of their layouts for the month of January.

After I went home for the day and was printing pictures for my layouts, I noticed a picture of my little one's first tooth. Like a lightening bolt out of the sky, the idea struck me. I can use this photo for the album art layout! The hardest part of this layout was cutting the 1/2 inch x 1/2 inch squares and then placing them on the layout. The rest of the layout just fell into place.

Here is the album art:

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was such a FUN Assignment... I am happy with my layout from it, and the inspiration pulled from the cover was something that I would NEVER have done on my own. THANKS Teach!