Tuesday, July 18, 2006

No Patterned Paper Allowed

Shaving Layout by Kirstie GoodwinRecently, I noticed nothing but patterned paper in all my new layouts. I chuckled to myself and thought "You, my dear, are in a creative 'rut' ". So I decided to challenge myself and create scrapbook layouts with no patterned paper allowed. EKKK! My poor Basic Grey, K I Memories, Junkitz, and Wild Asparugus paper will not be used for a couple of layouts.

This is one of my attempts at creating a layout with the "no patterned paper allowed" rule in effect.

I was pleased with this layout because the color not only match the picture but the color combination works well for the layout as a whole.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just commented on this layout this morning :D Didn't know you were on a cardstock only challenge though -- that's awesome! I've gotta challenge myself with somehting like that I think. I rely too much on the patterned paper, lol.

sugarplum14 said...

Get page Kirstie.. and what a GREAT blog! Congrats on getting it all set up :D

Anonymous said...

Hey Girly! Welcome to Blogland! Nice that you noticed you were in a rut, many of us don't see when we have gotten ourselves in a rut!