Friday, July 21, 2006

Using Multiple Pictures Creatively

Are you stuck in a multiple pictures layout rut? Do you seem to be using multiple pictures in the same way on your layouts? I have the solution to this ever present problem. Think of the smaller pictures as embellishments.

When you look at the smaller pictures as embellishments a world of possibilities open before your eyes. One possibility is to put the picture in a tiny decorated slide frame. Another possibility is to use paint or chalk to distress the picture and then put the picture in a title or other unique location.

In this two page layout, I wanted to incorporate a lot of pictures of my son smiling, laughing and having fun to go along with the "theme" of the layout. So rather than putting a bunch of pictures on the page, I put the smaller pictures (ones of just his facial expressions) in decorated slide frames. I used the frames as embellishments to enhance the page. The frames add to the mood of the page and do not distract the viewer from the main pictures in the layout.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this layout, good idea how you used the little photos. Lately I'm just a 1 photo a layout kind of girl. Got to get out of my box, huh?